Removing Pre-built Demos
Estimated reading : 2 minute
Suppose you have imported a demo and now you want to remove it and try a different demo. Because it is not recommended to import one demo on top of another as there might be a few overlaps with the global settings of the theme. Follow these simple steps to properly remove a pre-built demo:
- According to Donority demo importation settings, when you import a demo, the importer will import all the demo’s included inner pages. Here’s the main object of importing a specific demo: the demo will be set as the homepage.
- So, if you need to change the home demo to a different one, you can select or choose the page by following the below instructions.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Reading > A Static Page;
Sometimes, we remove all the imported pages except the required pages. If you need a particular page a few days later how will you import this back?
If you need any specific page back from the Donority theme, please do reach out to us at the support desk to get the template package you need.
And finally, if you want to remove all the contents from your site in one click, you can use the WP Reset Plugin;
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add new
- Navigate to the search field and enter “WP Reset.”
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard > Tools > WP Reset
- Firstly, type “reset” in the text box before you click ‘Reset’.
- A warning pop-up will appear, informing you again that this action is irreversible.
- If you’d like to proceed, click “Ok.” Once finished, you’ll be left with a clean install.
Before resetting your website, please ensure that you’ve taken a database snapshot and stored it on your local storage. Also, you can create a backup using any third-party (recommended) WordPress backup/restore plugin for future lookup.
We can help you. Create a Support Ticket