Updating The Theme
Estimated reading : 3 minute
How to get the updated theme
You can get the updated theme on Themeforest.
There are three methods to update WordPress themes to the newer version. These new updates are essential if you want to have a bug-free website, as we add new features and improvements to the theme over time. Some of these updates might be needed in order to make the theme compatible with WordPress’s newer versions. There is no risk of losing your settings and pages. However, if you had made modifications in the parent theme files, then they will be lost.
Please note that before updating a theme, we recommend you make a backup of your modified files. Also, we recommend deactivating its current version and then upload the zip file with the new theme version then activate and update the theme.
1. Update Using FTP
- Login into your Themeforest account and go to downloads (Dashboard > Downloads).
- Download the theme onto your computer.
- Install an FTP program (Filezilla is free).
- Retrieve your FTP login information from your hosting admin panel and login into your hosting via FTP.
- Unzip the item main file.
- Locate the Donority.zip file and unzip it. Make sure your unzipping software does not create an extra directory with the same name nested inside another.
- Drag and drop the theme main folder into your FTP program with the destination: “YOUR_HOSTING_ROOT/YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY/wp-content/themes/”
- The FTP program will give a warning that there is an existing directory with the same directory name. Choose to replace all.
- It will take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to replace all files. Once you have logged in, go to your WordPress dashboard and go to Master Key Settings. In the header (besides the master key logo), the theme version will be changed to the latest version. This is an indication that your theme has been updated. We recommend method one which only takes less than one minute.
Note: You can also upload the new version of the theme to “YOUR_HOSTING_ROOT/YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY/wp-content/themes/” directory with the cPanel File Manager. Make sure every time that, you have replaced the old theme with the new version of the theme.
2. Auto Update using Envato Market
- Install the Envato Market plugin.
- Go to themeforest.net > Settings > API Keys.
- Generate an API key and store it in a text file as you will need it shortly.
- Now login into your WordPress admin dashboard
- From left sidebar click on Envato Market.
- As shown in below screenshot fill the API key that you just retrieved from themeforest.net
- Save Settings.
- Once the page refreshed you will see the list of themes you have purchased.
- If there is a new version available you will get the “update Automatically link.
- e clicked, the theme will be updated to the most recent version.
3. Manual Update Through WordPress Admin Panel
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes Activate another theme to deactivate the Donority theme
- Delete the existing installed theme (old version).
- Unzip the file you just downloaded from ThemeForest and locate the WordPress Theme Donority.zip
- Still within the Themes section, on the header tab, click on “Install Themes”, then on the header second tab click “Upload”.
- Click “Browse…” and locate the new theme file Donority.zip
- In the “Upgrade existing theme?” option choose “Yes” from the dropdown list.
- Click “Install Now”.
- Click “Activate”.
You can check if the update is available from Dashboard > Updates from WordPress admin.
We can help you. Create a Support Ticket